Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday 5-9-12

Happy hump day folks!  Today was a lovely, slow-paced day.  I ran a couple errands (alone!) and then went to the farmers' market with the kidlets.  I didn't make it to the gym.  My intention was to go to the gym after dinner but I did not anticipate feeling so buzzed off of a 4 fl oz glass of pinot grigio!  My tolerance is going down.  Crazy.  If my buzz wears off any time soon then I may head out to the gym, but more than likely I will just be doing some at-home exercises, maybe some dancing to my phone's video playlist via HDMI connection.  We shall see!  The night is young!  I ended up snacking a tiny bit at the farmers' market (free samples) so I had to guesstimate the points values.  I think I guessed accurately considering how tiny my bites were.  This is what I ate today:

Breakfast (11 pts)
Egg white omelet with 1 slice of uncured, nitrate/ite free center cut applewood bacon, 1 oz reduced fat cheddar, 2 oz of sliced avocado, homemade 100% organic salsa, light organic sour cream and two lattes each made with coffee, 1/2 c. raw, organic skim milk, 1 Tbsp fat free hazelnut creamer and a few drops of liquid stevia.

Snack (0 pts)
3 small organic strawberries (my daughter's leftovers, hehe.)

Lunch (6 pts)
Big salad with 3 c. organic mixed baby greens, 1/4 c. organic shredded carrots, 2 Tbsp balsamic vinaigrette,  1 oz organic chicken breast, 1/2 oz crumbled goat cheese, 7 g dry roasted/salted pistachio nuts and 10 g of dried cranberries. So yummy!

Snacks/free samples at the farmers' market (approx. 3 pts)
A slice of an organic spring flame peach, 3 tiny pieces of a baked pita chip, 1 dipped in cilantro/jalapeño hummus, 1 dipped in pesto/sundried tomato/feta 3 layer dip and 1 dipped in chiptole hummus. Everything was SO delicious!

Snack (0 pts)
An organic spring flame peach.  Probably the best peach I have ever tasted. EVER.

Dinner (14 pts)
My own organic chicken piccata experiment (divine), 1 serving Trader Joe's brown rice medley (cooked in fat free organic chicken broth with a little salt) and organic baby arugula dressed with a homemade organic Meyer lemon vinaigrette and a sprinkle of freshly grated pecorino romano. Oh yes, and a 4 fl oz glass of pinot grigio which caught me off guard and gave me a lovely buzz!

I ate 34 points(ish) of 33.  I'm still going to exercise, even if it's just a jog around the block or a dance session in the living room.  If I get hungry later (doubtful) I will have some organic raspberries topped with a dollop of homemade, organic crème fraîche because I just made a "fresh" batch and am dying to have some.  If I do decide to indulge later I'll only have 1 pt worth, which is about 1 Tbsp.  We shall see.  Good night and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment