Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wednesday 5-2-12

Hi guys, happy hump day.  Today was quite a depressing day in San Diego.  When I got home from the gym I was hit with the news that Junior Seau (former San Diego Charger) was killed by an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound.  I grew up in Oceanside, Ca, the same town Seau was from, and he was our hometown hero.  I did not know him personally but the news weighed heavily on me all day long.  I feel sad for the family he left behind.  It was just a weird day, and the dreary weather did not help.  Anyway, this is what I ate today.

Breakfast (7 pts)

Egg white omelet with organic veggies (peppers, onions, tomatoes, baby spinach, mushrooms) sauteed in 1 tsp EVOO, reduced fat pepper jack cheese, homemade salsa, 2 slices of center cut bacon and two organic skim milk/hazelnut lattes sweetened with 4 drops of liquid Stevia.

Lunch (6 pts)
Grilled pastrami & provolone sandwich with organic baby arugula on Sara Lee Delightful whole wheat bread grilled with 1 tsp EVOO, dried Italian herbs and a touch of garlic salt.

Snack (3 pts)
Tall Skinny Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks, no whip.

Dinner (14 pts)
Skinny chicken tikka masala served on top of 3/4 c. jeera (cumin) rice and a big, skinny mango lassi. Fantastic dinner. Much better than it looks.

Dessert (3 pts)
1 serving of 3-2-1 yellow cake ("recipe" found on Pinterest) topped with organic strawberries and a dollop of fat free Reddi-Wip.

I ate 33 of 33 points today.

No comments:

Post a Comment